Well as April is coming to a end, I figured it was the perfect time to sit down and think about my goals for 2019! I know, super behind on the game these days, but it's better late than never right?!?
1. Be more intentional in my marriage to Brad- by this I mean spend intentional time together of course, but also more than that be in prayer for my husband every day. It's easy to think about and pray about this business, but my marriage to him comes before this business, so my main goal for the rest of this year is to connect to him in a bigger way.
2. Revamp my entire bridal experience- Yes, you heard that correctly. The. Entire. Experience. Up to this point in my business it has been receive an email respond and hope that I get an answer. From now on I want there to be a true experience when brides reach out and I want them to feel right at home from the minute they reach out to me. I don't exactly know what all of that means, but I want there to be a change!
3. Upgrade my wedding day styling kit- Really what I mean by this is have a wedding day styling kit because right now my kit is more like two ribbons and a few old thread spools.
4. Plan and participate in two more styled shoots- Guys (and girls), if you haven't participated in a styled shoot of some kind, you need to get on that because it's such a fun time! My first styled shoot was in the fall of 2018, and I learned so much about networking and why that's a VERY important thing to do as a small business owner. I am in the process of planning a small elopement shoot in early May, but more on that later!
5. And lastly, I want to find more time to read!- I have had a very difficult time finding time to just sit down and read recently (really the whole last year) because I was teaching full time and doing photography on the side, and then I made a switch out of teaching and into office administration and added on a few other small side gigs. All this to say that I am a business woman at heart and I just love delving into creative endeavors, but that doesn't leave me much time to sit back and relax!